MIAMI, FL – February 5, 2024 – Schwartz Media Strategies, one of Florida’s largest independent public relations and public affairs firms, has added five new members amidst an influx of business migration and economic growth in the state. The firm’s expanded team includes Raychel Lean and Melea Van Ostrand, both former Managing Editors of the Daily Business Review, an ALM publication covering South Florida’s legal, real estate and finance sectors.
The new additions will counsel clients in five industries driving Florida’s economy: commercial and residential real estate; law and professional services; banking and finance; municipal affairs; and arts and entertainment. Schwartz Media Strategies has added several new clients in recent months, including: NSI Insurance Group, Florida’s largest independent insurance brokerage; real estate investment and development firm BH3 Management; South Florida commercial bank Banesco USA; mixed-use developer Cymbal DLT; and education nonprofit Achieve Miami.
Schwartz Media Strategies’ growth mirrors that of Florida. The state welcomed 359,000 new residents over the past year, making it the top magnet for domestic migration. Likewise, Floridians filed 632,105 applications for new businesses, a 27 percent year-over-year increase. Amidst this economic expansion, Schwartz Media Strategies has steadily grown to become the fifth-largest communications firm based in Florida, according to PR Week’s 2023 Agency Business Report.
“For nearly 20 years, the Schwartz Media Strategies model has been built on the premise that sustaining long-term relationships with top-tier clients means attracting and developing elite talent,” explains Schwartz Media Strategies President Tadd Schwartz. “Our newest team members bring a range of skill sets and experiences that will strengthen our existing campaigns and position us to take on new clients who are fueling Florida and moving Miami.”
- Account Director Raychel Lean brings more than a decade of experience writing, editing, reporting, and leading print and online publications. She will help lead integrated campaigns on behalf of several best-in-class law and financial firms, including Bilzin Sumberg, Podhurst Orseck, Kluger Kaplan, Ratzan Weissman & Boldt, and City National Bank of Florida. Lean was formerly an award-winning editor at the Daily Business Review, where she oversaw a team of journalists covering all aspects of law, finance, and real estate. During her time in journalism, she reported on many salient issues confronting the Florida market, including affordability, climate resilience, and diversity. Lean most recently worked at a national public relations firm specializing in communications and content creation on behalf of U.S. law firms. She is a UK transplant who resides in Miami.
- Senior Account Executive Melea Van Ostrand is a career journalist who most recently served as bureau chief for the Daily Business Review, managing the publication’s coverage of the legal and real estate sectors following her tenure as a business reporter covering South Florida news and trends. A native of Indianapolis, Van Ostrand previously held reporter, anchor, and producer roles for ABC and Fox broadcast affiliates in Rapid City, South Dakota and Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Senior Account Executive Samantha Ryan Grant has led communications for dozens of brands in her 10-year career in public relations, including managing consumer and B2B campaigns in the U.S. and leading multinational teams focused on high-impact media relations abroad. She brings expertise in a variety of industries, including real estate, lifestyle and wellness, tourism and hospitality, and technology. This marks Grant’s return to Schwartz Media Strategies, as she spent two years at the firm nearly a decade ago. Grant is a Miami native who now lives in Tampa.
- Account Executive Reilly Lockwood arrives at the firm after working in Washington, D.C. at a prominent venture capital firm, where she counseled brands including Sweetgreen and DraftKings. Her experience lies in building and executing integrated campaigns combining media relations, content marketing, and digital media. Lockwood is a product of Massachusetts who now resides in Miami.
- Account Coordinator Katherine York joins the firm after serving as Bumble’s Marketing and Events Manager at the University of Florida in Gainesville. She excels in content creation, event promotions and production, media relations, social media management, and influencer relations. York grew up in Orlando prior to her family’s relocation to Dallas. She moved to Miami in 2023.
About Schwartz Media Strategies
Schwartz Media Strategies is a communications and public affairs firm serving best-in-class clients in Florida. The firm’s core practices include residential and commercial real estate, law and professional services, banking and finance, public affairs, and nonprofits, arts and culture. As the largest full-service, independent communications firm exclusive serving Florida companies and organizations, the firm excels in executing integrated campaigns comprising high-impact media relations, content marketing, and social and digital media. Schwartz Media Strategies is ranked by PR Week as one of the five-largest public relations agencies based in Florida. Learn more at http://www.schwartz-media.com. Connect with Schwartz Media Strategies via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.