We’re always looking for talent. A strategic mind, creativity, strong writing skills and a sense of entrepreneurship are a must. Qualified candidates will have experience learning quickly, multi-tasking and keeping tabs on the news cycle in real-time. An ability to build relationships with media and clients is critical. Being bilingual is always preferable. The best applicants aren’t afraid to speak up, bring fresh ideas to the table and offer new ways of doing things. We work hard, fast and like to have fun; you should too.
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com with your resume.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Our business is fast-paced and stressful at times, so an ability to juggle multiple priorities while keeping organized and communicating clearly with your peers is critical.
- We are news junkies; qualified candidates will share our love for following current events and figuring out how to align our campaigns with what’s timely – locally, nationally and around the world.
- The word ‘proactive’ may be overused, but it’s the lifeblood of a winning campaign. We bring new ideas to the table every day, never settling for the status quo.
Public Relations Account Director & Senior Account Executive
Looking to advance your career in public relations? Are you tired of the same old, same old? Do you get turned on by the idea of joining a team of entrepreneurs who spend each day shaping the narrative around one of the world’s most exciting cities?
Rather than starting with a list of what we’re looking for, let’s begin with what we can offer you.
- A fun, fast-paced, and creative work environment? Check.
- Campaigns that deploy a full suite of communications – from media relations, digital media and marketing, to content creation and crisis management? That’s us, all day…
- Blue chip clients? We’ve got ‘em.
- A chance to live and work in a place where the rest of the world vacations? Bring your flip-flops.
- The occasional hurricane party? Yep, that too.
Welcome to Schwartz Media Strategies. We’re an integrated communications firm in Miami that connects people, builds brands, defines places and wins campaigns.
We’ve been steadily expanding our reach across Florida since launching in 2005, and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to grow with us. We’re a colorful crew from a variety of backgrounds, but we all believe in a few basic things:
We’re connected to our community. We’re engaged in the news and help shape the narrative of the day across a mix of sectors, including real estate, law, finance, public affairs, and hospitality. We’re organized, focused, curious, and unafraid to take calculated risks. We hustle for our clients each day, seizing every chance to go beyond the obvious. We wake up with a sense of urgency, and go to bed with a sense of fulfillment.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experienced communications professional: You should come prepared with at least 3 years of experience, ideally in our target sectors
- Self-starter: This is NOT a traditional corporate communications job. We all roll up our sleeves; natural born delegators need not apply.
- Proactive publicist with a journalist’s mindset: We’re looking for someone who understands how to create brand value through communications
- Seasoned writer: Someone who knows how to simplify complex ideas and spark action with words, be it through pitches, press releases, messages, social media content, blog posts, and everything in between
- Thoughtful counselor: You strive to understand your clients’ business as well as your own, and you deliver exceptional service and value every day.
What we offer at SMS:
- Competitive salaries and growth opportunities
- We pay 100% of your health and dental insurance premiums
- Up to three weeks of paid vacation
- When you originate new business, you earn a percentage of the client’s retainer
- We’ll cover the cost of business and civic memberships so you can get engaged in the community
Public Relations and Digital Marketing Interns
Are you a college student or recent grad looking for an opportunity to learn? Apply for our seasonal internships by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers:
So, who are you?
We’re brand builders, content creators and people connectors. Above it all, we’re storytellers collaborating with people and companies transforming cities, shaping industries and sparking change for the greater good. Life at our firm is fast-paced and driven by action. Our members advocate for their clients, engage in their communities and lead. The work we do is serious, but we never lose sight of what matters most: having fun, staying open-minded, and producing ideas and results that make an impact.
How will I spend my day?
You may spend your morning pitching a hot story to national reporters, your midday in a team meeting creating a new digital marketing initiative or special event, and your afternoon counseling a client writing an op-ed column. No two days are alike, but the common denominator is that we’re always looking for new ways to deliver value to our clients.
What benefits do you offer?
Our salaries are competitive. We pay employees’ health and dental insurance premiums. Team members earn a percentage of clients’ retainers when they originate new business.
Do I need to speak multiple languages?
It certainly helps. Especially Spanish (por supuesto es Miami!).
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.