We’re always looking for talent. A strategic mind, creativity, strong writing skills and a sense of entrepreneurship are a must. Qualified candidates will have experience learning quickly, multi-tasking and keeping tabs on the news cycle in real-time. An ability to build relationships with media and clients is critical. Being bilingual is always preferable. The best applicants aren’t afraid to speak up, bring fresh ideas to the table and offer new ways of doing things. We work hard, fast and like to have fun; you should too.
Senior Account Executive
Experience: At least 4 years of relevant experience
Location: Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area
Who are we?
At Schwartz Media Strategies, we move industries, shape cities, connect people, and build and protect brands. Most of all, we drive campaigns that spark action – in Miami and around the world – through high-impact media relations, engaging digital media campaigns, and compelling, creative storytelling.
SMS clients range from Fortune 500 companies growing their footprint in Florida and entrepreneurial firms driving the state’s economy, to nonprofits making a direct impact and organizations bringing neighborhoods to life. For the past 15 years, we’ve been leading the charge to brand the New Miami as a city that’s cosmopolitan, global, and forward-looking, and now we’re growing our team.
That’s where you come in.
We are hiring a seasoned public relations professional who knows how to counsel clients and engage audiences through earned media and digital channels. On any given day, our team members are charged with shaping the news narrative across key industries, creating original content, managing crises, and everything in between.
Our value proposition is straightforward:
- PR campaigns that move the needle through media relations, social media and digital marketing, and crisis management? That’s us, all day long.
- A fast-paced, creative work environment? Check.
- Blue chip clients? We’ve got them.
- Long-term career advancement at a growing firm? Absolutely.
- Boundless opportunities to get involved in the community? It’s in our DNA.
- A chance to live and work where the rest of the world vacations? Bring your flip-flops.
What makes an ideal candidate?
You have at least 4 years of agency or in-house experience creating and driving campaigns that position clients and brands at the forefront of the news, engage target audiences, simplify complex ideas, and drive people and communities to action.
You thrive leading and working within teams. You get excited about multi-tasking, both in terms of the projects you will be managing on any given day and the sectors in which you’ll be immersed – from real estate and professional services, to destinations and public affairs. Lastly, you are organized, curious, and unafraid to take calculated risks.
- Build and lead integrated communications campaigns on behalf of clients in the industries that dominate Florida’s economy, including real estate, finance, hospitality, law and professional services, and arts and culture.
- Manage client relationships, positioning yourself as an indispensable counselor and a source of ideas that build brands and engage target audiences.
- Follow the news and forge trusted relationships with members of the media, both in Florida, nationally, and in select markets outside the U.S.
- Create and implement social media and digital marketing strategies on behalf of clients in a range of sectors, with the goal of amplifying the reach of your campaigns.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of results
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
- Resourceful and independent with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to read and write in Spanish is a plus, but is not necessary
- Experience with platforms such as Photoshop, Canva, Sprout Social, Slack, WordPress, etc.
What we offer at SMS:
- Competitive salaries and growth opportunities, with annual performance reviews
- We pay 75% of employees’ health and dental insurance premiums
- Three weeks of paid time off annually
- New business generation bonuses
- Company-sponsored participation in community service and business groups
Ready to join our team? Send your resume and intro note to firstname.lastname@example.org.