Originally built in the early 1990s, CocoWalk experienced its share of ups and downs over the years, with the center eventually becoming a tourist destination and favorite hangout for college students. Federal Realty and its partners acquired the existing CocoWalk retail center in Miami’s Coconut Grove neighborhood for $88 million in 2015. CocoWalk was amidst its transformation and reopening phase during the peak of the pandemic. Our campaign forged ahead positioning the project as the catalyst for the resurgence of the Grove as Miami’s preeminent destination, while supporting tenant openings and helping to drive foot traffic.
- Navigate CocoWalk’s public approval process through a coordinated campaign including public affairs, strategic communications, and community engagement.
- Solidify CocoWalk as Coconut Grove’s commercial hub and a catalyst for the neighborhood’s reemergence as a thriving retail, business and lifestyle destination.
- Drive qualified retail and office tenant traffic in tandem with the property’s leasing and marketing teams and position Federal Realty and its JV partners as responsible community-minded developers focused on walkability and connectivity with the existing district.
High-impact media relations at the national, regional, and hyperlocal level, and integrated social media campaign to create leasing momentum, brand CocoWalk as a lifestyle destination, and drive consumer traffic post-opening.
- CocoWalk set the pace for Coconut Grove’s resurgent retail and office market and was fully leased within months of opening, drawing best-in-class users and brands while achieving record setting rents.
- More than 400 earned editorial placements spanning lifestyle, business, real estate, and community publications in South Florida and nationally.
- Over a dozen media tours and photo shoots tracked CocoWalk’s success and resulted in favorable media coverage – from groundbreaking to lease-up.
- Supported the creation, promotion and execution of community-centric activations post-opening.
- Consistent growth of CocoWalk’s social media channels from the relaunch in March 2020 to October 2022, with a follower growth of 250% along with 6.5M impressions, 130k engagements.