With hundreds of things to do in Miami, it may be hard to figure out what to do and where to go for the long weekend. The easiest way to do it is right from your phone. We recently compiled a list for those coming into town for the upcoming ICCA Miami 2014 conference. We think you could use this list too.
If you are visiting town for the long weekend, or live here and looking for new ways to discover things to do, here are our top app recommendations for you:
- Car2go: These smart cars are parked all around the city, with the app you can log on and tell where the closest car is to your location. You can park anywhere and just leave the car! (iPhone / Droid)
- Waze for traffic: This app allows to receive traffic updates in real time – if there is a traffic jam on the road, other users are there to let you know. (iPhone / Droid)
- GrubHub: Hungry? GrubHub allows you to choose from thousands of restaurants for whatever cuisine you are craving. (iPhone / Droid)
- GetMyRx: Left prescription at home? GetMyRX will deliver your medicine with zero shipping fees right into your hands.(iPhone only)
- Miami Herald: Downloading the Miami Herald, or El Nuevo Herald, app will give you all you need to know about the Magic City. (iPhone / Droid)
- TripIt: Free Itinerary organizer: Use this app to organize your Miami activities. TripIt will remind you when it’s time to head to the next destination and not to miss you flight! (iPhone / Droid)
- Wist: Food/Drink/Entertainment Recommendation: This hidden gem tells you what is going on around you. Wist uses your location to tell you where the closest happy hour is, you can find a good dueling piano bar, or just a good place to grab brunch. (iPhone only)
- Deco Bikes: If you are heading to Miami Beach from the ICCA Host Hotel, The Intercontinental, Deco bikes are the best way to get around Miami Beach. This app tells you where the closest bike so you can reserve it. (iPhone only)
- Yelp: “Yelp” your activities and restaurant experiences to research what other patrons think of places you are considering to visit or dine at. (iPhone / Droid)
Did you use one of these? Let us know in the comments!