Commercial Real Estate PR Machine Revving Up in Miami
MIAMI-When you look around at what’s going on in Miami—multibillion-dollar mixed use developments are planned, new condos are coming out of the dirt, and the hotel industry is growing again—you start wondering how far off we are from the next real estate construction boom in the Magic City.
With that comes the marketing and PR machine—and I’m already seeing that staff up. Schwartz Media Strategies has added three members to its team to tackle the needs of its growing clientele in real estate, hospitality and professional services over the past six months.
“From day one, we set out to grow our firm with an emphasis on diversity, and the sectors that drive Florida’s economy,” says Tadd Schwartz, president of Schwartz Media Strategies. “The fact that Schwartz Media Strategies has experienced significant growth in the areas of real estate, hospitality and financial and legal services in the second half of 2011 is a positive sign that companies are bolstering their public relations, marketing and social media activities headed into 2012.”
Schwartz recently won contracts from Apollo Bank, BrickellHouse, Carrfour Supportive Housing, Espacio USA, Hospitality Operations, Resorts World Miami and Lydecker Diaz law firm. Let’s take a look at each as it relates to the commercial real estate industry and the professional service firms that support it:
- Apollo Bank, formerly Union Credit Bank, is a $215 million locally-owned and operated community bank focused on serving entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- BrickellHouse, a 374-unit luxury condominium by Newgard Development, is the first newly-planned condo project to take shape in Miami’s urban core since 2008.
- Carrfour Supportive Housing is a nonprofit that provides permanent housing and supportive services for formerly-homeless families and individuals in Miami-Dade
- Espacio USA, a subsidiary of Spanish developer Inmobiliaria Espacio, is expanding into the U.S. and focusing on downtown Miami with the renovation of the mixed-use 1400 Biscayne Center building.
- Hospitality Operations, is South Florida’s largest developer of Hampton Inn-branded hotels, including the brand new 221-room Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell.
- Lydecker Diaz is a full-service commercial law firm with more than 60 lawyers serving clients from offices in Miami, Orlando, West Palm Beach, and Bonita Springs.
- Resorts World Miami is a $3.8 billion, 30-acre Destination Resort project under development along Biscayne Bay in downtown Miami.
As Schwartz sees it, and I agree, these sectors are among the first things businesses consider when preparing to pursue new business and invest in human capital again. Put another way, public relations firms that work target the commercial real estate industry should be looking stronger as companies begin to feel more secure with their bottom line.
PDF / DOC File: